Do you know the feeling when you go out from home in hurry and suddenly smash your smartphone in that rush? Yeah you know that feeling I’m talking about. The feeling like your soul has been taken away from your body!!!
From a Facebook/Instagram post to bank transfer, from flight booking to big business deals; now-a-days everything happens on a smartphone. Smartphones make our daily life easy. It is the “Information Warehouse” which enhance and advance our way of living.
Those days are not far when smartphone will become a basic necessity and will counted as a basic need like food, shelter and clothing. We literally save everything on our Smartphone. Even if the phone is new or old; cheap or costly, it’s worth is only known by its master.
Knowing the importance of smartphone in our life, if something goes wrong with it, the phone repairers never leaves the chance of ripping off a customer by charging a lump sum amount of money. So, what are the ways by which a phone repairer cheats you or what are those common mistakes we all make while choosing a mobile phone repairer? The answer is simple and is explained in the points below. By going through this blog post you can educate yourself from not getting caught in the net.
Let’s go through all these points step by step.
1. Price: Cheapest isn’t always the best option. You get what you pay for. One should not focus solely on price when selecting a phone technician but should also take into the value for money. This can help you to look at the totality and not only at price. Of course, there are a pool of options in the market where you can get repair done in cheaper prices but then you are not getting total satisfaction for the money spent. You can check our screen repair price guide from Technology Traders in the following link: https://technologytraders.com.au/screen-repairs-price-guide/
2. Warranty: Warranty don’t typically cover accidental damages, so you’re unlikely to get a free repair under warranty for a cracked screen. However, the manufacturer may provide you repair service, but that will probably cost you more than an independent shop. At Technology Traders you can get 6 months warranty on all our repair services. Follow this link to read the terms and conditions: https://technologytraders.com.au/terms/
3. Quality of parts used: If you are spending money for something, you want to get the full value for it. Technology Traders only uses genuine parts for all its repair jobs. You can trust our service any time without any doubt or hesitation. Follow the link: https://technologytraders.com.au/phone-repairs/
4. Service: Sometimes it can be hard and costly to get an appointment from the Manufacturer Service Centre. And also, when it comes to get fast repair the “Service Centres” can let you wait for a longer time to get your phone back. Technology Traders offers much faster, same-day service for common repairs like screen replacement, battery, charging port or camera, etc. and cost less than Manufacturer’s fee. Technology Traders uses original parts in all its repairs and the staff service is second to none. Keeping in mind ‘Customer is King,’ the environment at Technology Traders is super friendly and the staffs are always there to help customer all the times.
5. Data Safety and Security: When we take our phone to a repair shop, usually a question arises in our mind which is – Whether my personal data are safe at technician’s hand or not? or Will I lose all my files? What about privacy intrusion? At Technology Traders we are committed to safeguarding and ensuring that any personal information disclosed to us for the whole repair process will be kept confidential all the time. We want you to feel secure in the knowledge that we take all necessary steps to protect your confidentiality. Please click the following link to read the terms and conditions about data safety and security: https://technologytraders.com.au/terms/
6. Transparency – Track your Repair: Technology Traders aims at keeping a transparency in its operation all the time. No one like the feeling when they don’t know what’s going on with their device or how long will it take to get the repair done. Technology Traders, doesn’t depend on any third-party for repair service. Every repair is done in-house by our qualified technicians; keep in mind the data security and using only genuine parts for all the repairs. We also provide tracking facility to our customers where they can track the repair status of their device: https://technologytraders.com.au/track-a-repair/
7. Lack of Knowledge: Lack of knowledge is also a major concern when it comes to choosing a good mobile phone repair service. One cannot know everything about smartphones. A little guidance sometimes can save you a lot of money. Technology Traders educate its customers about technology in a very simple way without using any technical jargons and knowledge show-off.
8. Reviews: Reviews are the reflection of any business. Whenever you are searching for smartphone repair experts, always go to check out reviews on Google, Facebook, Yelp or any other platform. If possible take first-hand advice from existing customer. This gives a good idea about companies in your area. Doing your homework is always a good idea before putting your money into a service. Compare price of various companies and then choose your service provider. Facebook Reviews: https://www.facebook.com/technologytraders/
9. Question to Ask: Before you drop off your smartphone to the phone repair store, call them to ask important questions like quote, warranty, time, etc. If you don’t get the answers as per your expectations, it’s time to look for another repairer without wasting any time. Feel free to connect with us at: https://technologytraders.com.au/get-in-touch/
So, these are the common mistakes people make while choosing a mobile phone repairer. By avoiding these mistakes, you can avoid a lot of headaches and save money.
At Technology Traders, we ensure that your mobile phone are at safe hands. If you have any doubt or queries, please feel free to visit our website https://technologytraders.com.au/ or call us at: 07 3245 1801