Terms and Conditions of Repair Services
These terms and conditions govern the relationship between Technology Traders and the Customer in the provision of the Services. The Customer agrees to be bound by all terms and conditions in order to continue the booking for Services.
You authorize Technology Traders to perform the work when you sign the Repair Notice (“Service”) on the device identified (“Your Device”), subject to these Terms and Conditions.
1. BER means Beyond Economical Repair, wherein a device’s estimated cost of repair exceeds its replacement value.
2. Customer means the person engaging between Technology Traders to provide the Services and any third party whom the Customer has expressly or impliedly authorised to act on their behalf.
3. Faulty part means a part that is deemed to be faulty and/or working incorrectly as determined by Technology Traders, the manufacturer and its authorised service providers.
4. Personal Information means all information provided by the User Technology Traders in connection with these Terms where such information is identified as confidential at the time of its disclosure or ought to be reasonably considered confidential based on its content, nature or the manner of its disclosure, but excluding:
(a) information that enters the public domain or is disclosed to a party by a third party, other than through a breach of these Terms; and
(b) information developed independently by a party.
5. Services means the booking for repair services, check repair status services provided by Technology Traders through the Site. This includes Services currently offered by Technology Traders and any Services or products that Technology Traders may choose to offer in the future.
6. TAT means Turnaround Time.
2. SERVICE FEES AND QUOTES
- Quotes are quoted upfront. However, Technology Traders reserves the right to amend or change the quote during the repair process.
- A minimum diagnosis and inspection fee of $25 for mobiles, $25 for tablets, and $25 for computers will be charged for a rejected quote. Quotes may be higher than the minimum fee due to the time and complexity involved in generating an accurate quote.
- Technology Traders will charge a service fee of $25 for mobiles, $25 for tablets, and $25 for laptops that we were unable to repair successfully or alternatively the Customer may waive the payment of this service fee in lieu of handing title of the Customer’s device to Technology Traders.
- You may reject quotes in the event that there is a mistake or error on the promotions and specials listed on the Technology Traders website. We will waive the service fee in this event.
- Technology Traders repairs phones, tablets and other mobile devices. Technology Traders reserves the right to refuse a request for Services or a Customer.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that a repair by Technology Traders (a third party repairer, i.e. not accredited by the Customer’s device’s manufacturer):I. may void the Customer’s device’s manufacturer’s warranty; or
II. may void out of warranty service or support by the Customer’s device’s manufacturer: or
III. may void waterproof warranties provided by the manufacturer.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Technology Traders may need to use the Customer’s device and sim card to make test calls at the Customer’s expense.
- In the event that Technology Traders, the manufacturer or its authorised representative, or an appointed repair centre by Technology Traders, in their sole discretion finds that Technology Traders is responsible for damage, or further damage to the Customer’s device which causes the device to have other issues or become irreparable, then Technology Traders will either repair the damage, or issue the Customer a replacement device, or pay an amount equivalent to the market value of the device when it was brought in for repair, at its election. However, the Customer acknowledges and agrees that:
I. if the device is opened or in any way tampered with after the repair has been completed (which Technology Traders shall decide);
II. if the device suffered impact damage, liquid damage, or any other fundamental problems at the time it was brought in to Technology Traders for repair;
(a) if Technology Traders is unable to repair the fault on the device and a further fault related to the original fault surfaces;
(b) if the device was disassembled at the time it was brought in to Technology Traders for repair; or
(c) if the Customer provided the parts to be used for the device at the time it was brought in to Technology Traders for repair, then Technology Traders will not be liable for any damage to or malfunctioning of the device.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Customer’s device may have other additional faults than those first diagnosed. We are not responsible for a device which, upon examination has further faults and/or damage which results in the device subsequently not operating at all or not operating in the manner in which it did prior to Technology Traders examining it.
- TAT provided is an estimate only. Technology Traders will not be liable for any loss or damage for any reasonable delays in the TAT. Any changes to the TAT will be relayed to the Customer. The TAT may be longer than expected depending on various factors, including but not exclusive to the complexity of the faults, availability of parts, or damage during the repair process. TAT for any rework or warranty claims may take longer than standard repair TAT.
- Parts may be faulty, incorrect or out of stock. In the event that Technology Traders needs to order in new parts for the Customer’s repair, Technology Traders will advise the Customer and provide the Customer with a new TAT for the completion of the repair. The Customer is not automatically entitled to a discount when this occurs.
- Parts for devices presented for repair may be replaced with new or refurbished parts of the same type rather than being repaired. All cosmetic or visible parts used in the repair are new when purchased from the manufacturer or its authorised representatives. From time to time, depending on availability, refurbished parts may be used to repair the Customer’s device. For all cosmetic or visible parts that require replacement, Technology Traders will not seek the Customer’s approval prior to using the refurbished parts unless the refurbished parts looks visibly refurbished.
- Technology Traders may give discounts on orders on a case by case basis.
4. LOAN EQUIPMENT
- Technology Traders may, at its sole discretion, provide the Customer with loan equipment to use whilst the Customer’s device is being repaired, free of charge.
- Technology Traders makes no guarantees that any loan equipment is identical to or similar to the Customer’s device or that they are available at any time.
- In the event that the Customer lose and not return or damage or in any way materially alter the loan equipment while it is in the Customer’s possession, Technology Traders will charge the Customer a surcharge for its replacement.
5. DATA LOSS
- While Technology Traders will take reasonable precautions during the repair process, we are not responsible or liable for any loss of data, photos, videos, device settings or any other specific user aspects from the Customer’s device. You are solely responsible for backing up any data on Your Device and deleting, encrypting or otherwise protecting your data from unauthorized use.
- Technology Traders will attempt to back up the Customer’s data during the repair process if we believe there is a higher risk for loss of data during the repair process.
- If the Customer requests Technology Traders to back up their data or other aspect of their device, the Customer acknowledges and agrees that Technology Traders does not and cannot guarantee that the data etc. will be backed up accurately or at all. Customer is responsible for all data before and after the repair of device whether or not it has instructed Technology Traders to back up the device.
- Technology Traders will ensure that any personal information disclosed to us for the whole repair process will be kept confidential. We will not distribute the Customer’s personal information to third parties unless it is in accordance with the repair requirements.
- During the repair process we may require access to the Customer’s personal information/application to complete the repair.
- By submitting the Customer’s device for repair, the Customer acknowledges and consents to the Customer’s contact details being included in the Technology Traders mailing list. Technology Traders sends out commercial electronic messages to its mailing list for promotional purposes or to update the Customer on any changes in its services and policies. The Customer is able to unsubscribe to the Technology Traders mailing list at any time.
- Technology Traders may divulge the Customer’s personal information if criminal activity is involved or if requested by law enforcement.
7. META – DATA
- You understand and agree Technology Traders will collect Meta – Data logs during diagnostic evaluation to improve overall future functionality of diagnostic tool and symptom evaluation in the repair process. The data collected will be used solely by Technology Traders to enhance and improve this process, may be shared with Technology Traders affiliates, and will not be distributed further without your consent. Data types that may be collected from your device include: device phone number, device model number, device IMEI, device serial number, downloaded applications & their respective settings and host applications & their respective settings.
- For orders made before 1 August 2018, Technology Traders provides:
(a) 90-day warranty on labour and genuine parts used to repair the device; or
(b) 90-day warranty on labour and non-genuine parts used to repair the device.
- Subject to clause 8.3, for orders made after 1 August 2018, Technology Traders provides:
(a) 180-day warranty on any new or refurbished parts used to repair the device (labour excluded) subject to clause 8.5(a) and 8.5(b); or
(b) 90-day warranty on labour; or
(c) 90-day warranty on accessories and batteries.
For example: if the Customer notify Technology Traders within 90 days of an issue with the Customer’s device relating to parts used to repair it, Technology Traders will repair the device at no cost to the Customer for both the parts and labour. However, if the Customer notifies Technology Traders after 90 days of an issue with the Customer’s device relating to parts used to repair it, Technology Traders will repair the device with no cost to the Customer for the parts but labour will be charged at the Customer’s cost. A minimum charge of 30 minutes of labour is charged for all notifications outside the warranty under clause 8.2(b).
- The following warranties apply for:
(a) devices with a liquid damage history, Technology Traders only provides a 30-day warranty on labour and parts used to repair the device;
(b) devices that were previously repaired by another repairer, third parties, or the manufacturer, Technology Traders only provides a 90-day warranty on labour and parts;
(c) devices that are repaired using parts provided by the Customer, Technology Traders provides no warranty on labour and parts;
(d) devices that, in Technology Traders’ sole discretion, are in bad condition, then Technology Traders has the option to provide no warranty on labour and parts. In this case, the Customer will be notified by Technology Traders first prior to going ahead with the repair.
- Both the warranties contained in 8.1 and 8.2 do not include any warranties or guarantees that the Customer’s device will continue to function for an indefinite period of time. Technology Traders can only provide warranties for the services it has provided the Customer. There may be other issues that contribute to the functioning of the Customer’s device, including but not exclusive to fair wear and tear, age, and environmental factors.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the 180-day warranty for parts under clause 8.2(a) cannot be provided if:
(a) Technology Traders is unable to source the parts required for the Customer’s device due to no availability of reliable parts; or
(b) in Technology Traders’ sole discretion, the Customer’s device cannot be repaired, in which case the installation of new or refurbished parts would be futile.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the 180-day warranty under clause 8.2(a) does not cover refunds. Technology Traders will only repair or replace the parts used in the repair of the device.
- Technology Traders sources parts from manufacturers, their authorised representatives or third party wholesalers. Technology Traders can only guarantee that parts sourced from the manufacturers and their authorised representatives as genuine. However, Technology Traders cannot and does not provide any guarantee regarding the genuineness of parts sourced from third party wholesalers or original parts assembled and sold by third party wholesalers and as such, Technology Traders will not be liable for any loss or damage arising thereof. The Customer is responsible for querying Technology Traders in person for the types of parts to be used in the repair of the Customer’s device prior to booking.
- If the Customer requires rework of the device due to faulty parts or the Customer are not happy with the result of the repair, Technology Traders may rework on the Customer’s phone as soon as possible. Technology Traders cannot place the rework as priority due to the queue of orders, availability of parts or the complexity of rework.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that warranty will be void if:
(a) the device is subject to physical damage or liquid damage after repair; or
(b) the device is opened by any third party (excluding any Technology Traders authorised repair centres or the manufacturer) or the Customer after repair; or
(c) there is physical damage to the parts after repair; or
(d) the parts are damaged by any third party or the Customer after repair not related to the original fault and or the parts replaced.
- A replacement part supplied by Technology Traders during the warranty period shall be covered by the warranty for the unexpired portion of the warranty period which covered the labour and genuine or non-genuine parts used to repair the device.
9. NON-STANDARD REPAIR WARRANTY
- The Customer may request Technology Traders and Technology Traders may accept a Customer’s request to undertake non- standard repairs. If so, the following terms and conditions apply.
- Liquid damage repair:
(a) The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Technology Traders and the Customer’s device manufacturer do not recommend repairs on liquid damaged devices.
(b) If the Customer requests Technology Traders to undertake liquid damage repairs on a device, the Customer acknowledges and agrees that Technology Traders is not responsible for any damage or problems, whether or not connected to the liquid damage, that may present during or after the liquid damage repairs.
(c) The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the device’s manufacturer warranty has been voided either by liquid damage and or repair by Technology Traders.
(d) Technology Traders will charge an inspection fee of $50 for devices Technology Traders was unable to repair successfully.
(e) Technology Traders offers a 30-day warranty on liquid damage repairs. If the Customer returns the device within this period, Technology Traders may assess the device and offer:
(i) a refund of the repair price paid to Technology Traders less a $50 liquid damage service fee; or
(ii) a full refund subject to the Customer forfeiting the device to Technology Traders.Glass only repairs:
(a) The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Technology Traders and your device manufacturer do not recommend glass only repairs on screens with glass, digitiser, and LCD attached together with clear adhesives (fused screens).
(b) If the Customer requests Technology Traders to undertake glass only repairs on a device with a fused screen, the Customer acknowledges and agrees that Technology Traders is not responsible for any damage or problems, whether or not connected to the fused screen, that may present after the glass only repairs.
(c) The Customer acknowledges and agrees that by requesting and allowing Technology Traders to undertake glass only repairs on the device with a fused screen, the Customer voids the device’s manufacturer warranty.
(d) Technology Traders cannot guarantee that parts used in the glass only repair will be genuine. The Customer agrees that if glass for the device is not available, Technology Traders may remove the assembly and replace it with a similar assembly. The old assembly is forfeited to Technology Traders and will be used in other repairs.
(e) The Customer further acknowledges and agrees that there may be visible imperfections after the glass only repairs, including but not exclusive to lifting or damage caused by lifting, scratches on the frame, bezel or LCD, small dust particles under the glass, or glue residue.
(f) Technology Traders does not provide any warranty on lifting or damage caused by lifting.
(g) Technology Traders offers a 30-day warranty on glass only repairs restricted only to the functioning of LCD, Touch Screen / Digitiser, and the buttons.
If the Customer returns the device within this period, Technology Traders may assess the device and offer:
(i) a refund of the repair price paid to Technology Traders less a nominal service fee in accordance with clause 2.3; or
(ii) a full refund subject to the Customer forfeiting the device to Technology Traders.
10. UNCLAIMED GOODS AND COLLECTION OF GOODS
- Technology Traders will, subject to payment of all monies owing to it under these Terms, hand over the device to any person who delivers a prima facie Technology Traders receipt of device. Technology Traders is not obligated to determine the bona fides of the person claiming title of the device when a person delivers over a prima facie Technology Traders receipt of device and in no way shall Technology Traders be liable in any way to the Customer where the device is handed to a third party who is in fact not entitled to the device but for the fact of claiming title of the device through the presentation of the receipt.
- Where a Customer loses a receipt of device, Technology Traders may at its discretion establish the Customers title to the device in any reasonable manner it deems fit. If, in its reasonable opinion, Technology Traders establishes title to a device in this manner, Technology Traders shall in no way be liable to the Customer where it is subsequently determined that Technology Traders has been a party to fraud or other method of identification theft.
- Where a Customer wishes to have a third party pick up a device, Technology Traders may at its discretion establish the third party’s identification to ensure that it may pick up the device on behalf of the Customer in any reasonable manner it deems fit. If, in its reasonable opinion, Technology Traders establishes the identification of the third party who is to pick up the device for a Customer in this manner, Technology Traders shall in no way be liable to the Customer where it is subsequently determined that Technology Traders has been a party to fraud or other method of identification theft.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Customer forfeit the Customer’s device to Technology Traders and Technology Traders has the right to recycle or sell the Customer’s device after 6 months if;
(a) the contact details the Customer provide Technology Traders are not correct; or
(b) after the completion of the repair and advice of repair cost, no payment or arrangement for the collection of the device and payment of Technology Traders’ fees has been received; or
(c) after Technology Traders has provided a quote and no response has been received; or
(d) after Technology Traders has advised the Customer that the device is BER and no payment or arrangement for the collection of the device and payment of Technology Traders’ fees has been received.
- If the Customer fail to contact Technology Traders after Technology Traders have attempted to contact the Customer within this 6-month period, the Customer’s conduct will constitute consent to forfeit the Customer’s device to Technology Traders in lieu of payment.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that if the device is not collected after 2-months, a storage fee of $30 per month will be charged for every month the device is not collected after the 2-month period.
- The Disposal of Uncollected Goods Act 1967 covers inspection, custody, storage, repair and other treatment of goods. Under this Act, uncollected goods may be sold six months after the date on which they were ready for collection.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Customer agrees that we shall not be liable for any damage of any kind whatsoever suffered as a result with the subject of these Terms. In no event shall we be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damage (including loss or interruption of business, revenue, profits, use, privacy, data, goodwill or other economic advantage) however it arises, whether for breach of contract or in tort, even if it has been previously advised of the possibility of such damage.
- Without limiting the foregoing, in no event will Technology Traders’ aggregate liability to the Customer exceed, in total, the market value of the device when it is brought in for repair.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the scope of service Technology Traders extends only to the repair of devices. Technology Traders disclaims any and all liability for any damage of any kind whatsoever suffered as a result of any third party software or application installation or operation of third party software or application. All claims relating to third party software must be made under the relevant third party software end user licence agreements.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- These Terms, and the documents expressly referred to in them, constitute the entire agreement between the Customer and Technology Traders, and supersede all previous discussions, correspondence, negotiations, previous arrangements, understanding or agreement between the Parties relating to the Services.
- The Parties each acknowledge that, in entering into these Terms, neither of the Parties relies on, and subsequently will have any remedies for, any representation or warranty that is not set out in these Terms.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia and each party submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Queensland, Australia.
We want you to feel secure in the knowledge that we take all the steps necessary to protect your confidentiality. Please read this Privacy Statement so that you understand what kind of information we gather from our repair process and the specific steps we take to protect your personal information once we have stored it. From time to time and in line with customer expectations and legislative changes, our privacy policies and procedures will be reviewed and, if appropriate, updated.
You may request access or to update your personal information or lodge a complaint by writing to The Privacy Officer, at Technology Traders Pty (ABN 82 622 187 685) of Shop 98, Capalaba Park Shopping Centre, Redland Bay Rd, Capalaba, Qld, 4157.
The Australian Consumer Law & Your Rights
A Guide to Resolving Complaints
The Australian Consumer Law (ACL) protects consumers by giving them certain guaranteed rights when they buy goods and services. For example, the ACL requires that goods must be free of defects, and do what they are meant to do. Services must be carried out with care and skill. These rights, which the ACL says automatically apply whenever goods or services are supplied to a consumer, are called ‘Consumer Guarantees’.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and failure does not amount to a major failure.
Consumer Guarantees have no set time limit but generally last for an amount of time that is reasonable to expect given factors including the cost and quality of the product or any representations made.
How we will assist you
All complaints and disputes will be handled in a fair, transparent and timely manner. We will only ask for and rely on relevant information.
Our complaints process has two distinct steps:
Step One: Please talk to us about your complaint
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction with Technology Traders’ products or services where a response is expressly or impliedly required by you.
The first thing you should do is talk to one of our consultants in store and tell us about your concerns. Within 24 hours of receiving your complaint, our consultant will try to resolve it to your satisfaction and if not escalate it to a Store Manager who has five business days to try to resolve the complaint. This may be extended by a further ten business days with your agreement where further investigation and evidence is required.
If you do not agree to an extension, we will treat your complaint as a dispute. The Store Manager’s decision will be communicated to you verbally or, in writing if you prefer, and provide details of your right to take the complaint to a Head Office Manager to whom the Store Manager reports and thereafter to the Australian Competion and Consumer Commission (ACCC). The ACCC independently resolves disputes between consumers and member financial services providers.
Step two: Request a review of your complaint
A dispute is an unresolved complaint about Technology Traders’ products or services.
If the Store Manager cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may request the matter be referred to our Head Office for review.
Head Office will contact you with a decision usually within 15 business days of receiving your dispute.
If further enquiries, evidence or investigation are required we may with your consent extend this period by a further ten business days. Our final decision letter will also detail your right to take the dispute to the ACCC.
Reviews by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
In the case of non-privacy complaints and disputes, we will inform you of your right to take the matter to the ACCC, together with its contact details and the time limit for applying to the ACCC.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) is an independent Commonwealth statutory authority whose role is to enforce the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and a range of additional legislation, promoting competition, fair trading and regulating national infrastructure for the benefit of all Australians.
For more information regarding Consumer Guarantees, Your Rights and the Australian Consumer Law visit the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) website:
It’s easy to get in touch with us. Our contact details are:
Technology Traders Address Shop 98, Capalaba Park Shopping Centre, Redland Bay Rd, Capalaba, Queensland 4157 Telephone 07 3245 2238 Website https://technologytraders.com.au/get-in-touch/ Email email@example.com